Oswaal ISC Question Bank Class 12 Mathematics Book Chapterwise & Topicwise
Chapter wise & topic wise introduction to enable quick revision
Solved previous years’ Board Examination Questions to facilitate focused study
Answers of ISC Marking Scheme (qualitative analysis) from 2014 to 2019 for perfection in answering final examination questions
It gives us immense pleasure to present the Nineteenth Edition of Nootan ISC Biology for Class XII students with updated text, profuse illustrations and added thought provoking questions. With the adoption of NCERT pattern of studies by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, the learners of the subject have shown renewed vigour and willingness to explore more in the wonderful world of biosciences.
In keeping with the past tradition, the book has been written strictly according to the syllabus prescribed by CISCE for the academic session 2020-21. The valuable feedback received from all quarters including the teachers of the subject, aspirants for the medical entrance examinations and researchers in the subject has been meticulously considered while revising the book.
The book is strictly revised in accordance with the recently updated syllabus issued by CISCE, New Delhi. Each chapter carries quite a good number of solved as well as unsolved numericals. NCERT Problems with their solutions have also been added for the benefit of the students. At the end of each chapter a large number of questions are given which are divided into different categories, such as Objective Type, Very Short-Answer Type, Short-Answer Type and Long-Answer Type [A], Long-Answer Type [B], Numericals and For Different Competitive Examinations. The order of questions and numericals in each category is strictly the same as the order of topics in the text matter. Except Long-Answer Type Questions, all other questions have been supported with answers or hints as necessary. Under the heading ‘For Different Competitive Examinations’, Objective and Multiple-Choice Type questions have been divided into two categories : [A] Multichoice Questions (Having Only One Correct Option) and [B] Multichoice Questions (Having One or More than One Correct Option). These questions have been supported by hints and solutions. Entire book has been thoroughly revised to make it free from errors.
It gives us immense pleasure in presenting the thoroughly revised update edition of the book prepared strictly in accordance with the latest syllabus and its scope. The distinctive features of the book are :
1. The text is presented in the simplest language “meant to understand easily”.
2. Quick self assessment questions with answers given at the end of chapter between the chapter to assess the understanding of students.
3. A number of illustrations have been given in each chapter and these have been presented in such a simple way that students can easily understand them.
4. Practical questions given at the end of each chapter are based on ISC and CBSE Board Examination papers and these are numbered according to illustrations.
5. Each chapter has been uniformly organised under head ‘Self Assessment Questions’ viz., Long Answer Questions (Practical), Short Answer Questions (Practical) and Short Answer Questions (Theoretical).
6. Chapterwise Higher Order Thinking Skills Problems with solutions are given at the end of book under the heading ‘Assess Yourself’.
We take this opportunity to thank all readers who spared their valuable time in making suggestions for improving the quality of the book